VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd
We are a visionary research, development and innovation partner.
VTT is one of Europe’s leading research institutions. We are owned by the Finnish state. Our task is to advance the utilisation and commercialisation of research and technology in commerce and society. Through scientific and technological means, we turn large global challenges into sustainable growth for businesses and society. Our research is guided by the company’s lighthouse themes: climate action, resource sufficiency, good life, safety and security and industrial renewal.
Mr. Ville Tulkki, Research Team Leader, Ph.D.
AFRY is an international engineering, design and advisory company. We support our clients to progress in sustainability and digitalisation.
We are 17,000 devoted experts within the fields of infrastructure, industry and energy, operating across the world to create sustainable solutions for future generations.
Mr. Jari Kuikka, Director, Nuclear Energy, Finland
We are a consulting company providing tailored services in the clean energy value chain. Our services include advice, consulting and solution finding in evaluating the role, importance, sustainability and resilience of SMRs in the future energy system.
We have comprehensive competence in:
- Creation, coordination and management of European and national innovative networks as well as collaborative concepts in the nuclear supply chain.
- International high-level marketing and sales, customer relationship management and contract negotiations.
- Technical solutions related to material engineering, design and manufacturing of mechanical components, long term operation, ageing management, safety and reliability of energy production as well as root cause analysis of safety critical components.
- Knowledge in nuclear legislation, regulation and safety requirements.
- Latest knowledge in technical communication and customer oriented approach.
Rauno Rintamaa, Managing Director, D.Sc (Tech)
Karri Rintamaa, Project Assistant, M.A
EnviroCase, Ltd., is an effectively networking micro-enterprise focusing on demanding consult services in building and supporting environmental safety cases and safety analyses, including radiological protection of public and the environment. Our main product is to translate latest scientific information into environmentally sound solutions and practices for our customers, including all sectors of nuclear industry. We are actively developing approaches to systematic evaluation of uncertainties against the strength of the knowledge and data basis of licensing and other assessments and cases, and to utilizing this information in decision-making as well as in risk communication.
Mr. Ari Ikonen, managing director, radiation safety expert (STA, use of nuclear energy)
- Fortum is a leading clean-energy company developing and offering solutions for our customers in electricity, heating, cooling, as well as solutions to improve resource efficiency. Fortum provides services for the power generation industry and solutions for consumers so that they can be smarter in their energy choices.
- The focus on reducing CO2 emissions has been in Fortum’s DNA for decades. Our carbon exposure is already one of the lowest within the European power generation industry.
- Fortum’s mission is to engage our customers and society to drive the change towards a cleaner world. Our role is to accelerate this change by reshaping the energy system, improving resource efficiency and providing smart solutions.
Mr Jaakko Ylätalo, Project responsible, Ph.D.
Helen Ltd helps to make everyday life a little easier for over 500,000 customers in Finland. In addition to heat, cooling and electricity, we offer solutions for regional and renewable energy, smart buildings and electric transport. We are developing a smarter, carbon-neutral energy system that enables everyone to produce, use and save energy with respect for the environment. We aim to achieve 100% carbon neutrality in our energy production by 2035.
Let’s join forces and turn the opportunities of a new energy era into reality.
Janne Rauhamäki, Head of Energy Business Development
janne.rauhamaki (at) helen.fi
LUT University (Lappeenranta-Lahti University of Technology LUT) is a pioneering science university in Finland, bringing together the fields of science and business since 1969. Our international community is composed of approximately 6,000 students and experts engaged in scientific research and academic education. We operate at two campus sites: Lappeenranta and Lahti. Clean energy and water, circular economy and sustainable business are the key questions of humankind to which LUT seeks solutions through technology and business. Our work supports our values: the courage to succeed, the passion for innovation through science, and the will to build well-being.
Mr. Heikki Suikkanen, Assistant professor (tenure track), D.Sc. (tech)
- Refinec Oy is a Finnish engineering workshop that supplies high-quality industrial products and services. We deliver equipment flexibly, with fast delivery times, and are constantly looking for new innovative solutions to ensure the quality and durability of our products. Our main products are heat exchangers and other pressure equipment as well as tanks.
- We take into account the requirements of the processes and optimize the solutions accordingly. We do not always look for the cheapest option, but our primary goal is to responsibly provide the customer with a high-quality, safe and sustainable product. In our work, we carefully consider the special requirements of the Pressure Equipment Directive, standards and various industries.
Mr. Hannu Perälä, Managing director
Mr. Riku Turkia, Product manager
- Rockplan is an infrastructure design and consulting company. We develop functional and safe solutions, for projects from urban development to nuclear waste, that requires special expertise.
- Rockplan’s expertise covers principal and architectural design, structural design, rock mechanics and tunneling design, geological and environmental design, project management and project development tasks, as well as planning and consulting related to nuclear waste disposal.
- Our Nuclear Services include the safe disposal of spent nuclear fuel and other radioactive waste, as well as carbon-free energy production based on SMR (Small Modular Reactors) technology to provide opportunity for future generations to enjoy a clean environment.
Mr. Jorma Autio, Head of Nuclear Services, Lic. Tech.
After the commissioning of the most powerful nuclear power unit in the world, approximately 30% of Finland’s electricity will come from one island, where the entire lifecycle of nuclear power will be managed.
We are TVO – a nuclear power operator acting for the climate
Mr. Sami Heinonen, Development Manager
Towards circular economy ecosystem and climate-neutral energy solutions
Vantaan Energia is one of Finland’s largest energy companies. We produce electricity and district heat to our customers. The City of Vantaa owns 60 per cent and the City of Helsinki 40 per cent of the company. Vantaa Energy is ceasing the use of coal in energy production already in 2022. This is carried out by expanding the capacity of circular economy solutions and the waste-to-energy plant as well as by increasing the production of renewable wind and solar energy and geothermal heat.
Mr. Matti Wallin, Director, Strategy and New Business